Wednesday 16 May 2012

I'm still here! And still preggers!

Hey there,
I'm so sorry. I became one of those people that starts a blog and then goes forever without a post... The truth is, there was nothing really to report... My pregnancy so far has been well, normal! That is until a couple weeks ago. I'm 22 weeks now and I would say at 20 weeks my band started acting, well, unpredictable. Which resulted in the odd mild stuck, nothing too serious but I had never had a stuck episode EVER so this weird heavy feeling I got in my chest after swallowing was very strange. At first I just ignored it, figured it was a one off, but then it was happening more often, to the point that it was pretty much every morning, unless I stuck to shakes. So I called my surgeon and the nurses suggested I come in for defill. They suggested since I was having some issues to have all the fluid removed from my band until after the baby comes. So, that's what we did. Kinda scary. What happens now? Am I going to gain a huge amount of weight over the next 4 months?? So far I don't feel different when I eat at all... I had a stuck episode and I'm on full fluids for a couple days til the swelling goes down. So soup and shakes for the next day or 2. Has anyone ever had all the fluid removed from their band? I'm going to try my best to stick to my small portions... only time will tell I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment