I have an awesome toddler that keeps me super busy. He is one of the reasons I decided to have my lap band surgery. I wanted to live longer for him, do more with him, and be active with him in every possible way. I was so lucky to not only get pregnant with him but also have an 'uneventful' pregnancy. There were however some weight related experiences that I happy I wont have to face again.
1. I can't wait to have a cute 'bump'. I barely took any prego pics last time because I didn't feel like I was a 'beautiful pregnant woman'. This time I'm looking forward to having a beautiful bump to show off.
2. Plus size maternity pants might as well be clown pants. They look awful and never stay up. My maternity wear from last time was a size 22 so I'm going to have to buy some size 12 stuff soon...
3. Just moving in general. My heaviest weight was when I was pregnant and that was 270lbs!!! I can't imagine I could even move carrying that much weight! I don't know what I will gain with this pregnancy but I know it will be much easy to get up from a chair, roll over in bed, out of a car, with so much less weight on my 5.3 frame.
4. not being judged! I hated going for ultrasounds and getting check ups with my midwife when they had to look at my belly and even worse... my lower abdomen... it was very uncomfortable.
5. being a low risk pregnancy because I'm a healthier BMI
I know there are more things but those are what I can think of for now...
Has anyone been pregnant while overweight and then at your goal weight? If so I would love to hear your experience!